How to pan sear a perfect steak. This indoor steak cooking method gives you restaurant results at home and is best for steaks 1 1/2″ thick or less.
To pan sear a steak you will need a meat thermometer, knife, foil, tongs, Omaha Steaks steak, seasoning (oil, salt and pepper), cast iron or heavy bottom skillet and a raised-rack sheet pan (optional).
How to Pan Sear a Steak:
1. Prep Steak – Pat dry and season with coarse salt and pepper
2. Turn stove on high and preheat skillet
3. Add high-temp oil and place steaks in pan
4. Cook both sides evenly using Omaha Steaks mobile app timer ( or cooking chart (
5. Remove from skillet 5 degrees F below desired doneness
6. Rest steak under foil tent 5-10 minutes and enjoy
Shop Omaha Steaks steak:
Read full directions on our blog, The Block:
Cooking Steak Indoors: How to Broil a Steak in the Oven:
How to Dry Brine and Grill the Perfect New York Strip Steak:
How to Smoke a Steak: