The New York strip is a butcher’s favorite and a people’s choice, often referred to as the ‘Ultimate Griller’s Steak’. And, for good reason. The rich marbling of the strip steak will melt into the meat as it grills resulting in an incredible steak dinner. It’s easy to grill the perfect New York strip.
Start with an aged-to-perfection, juicy Omaha Steaks Boneless New York Strip Steak, 8-16 oz.
How to Grill a New York Strip Steak
1. Thaw steak and allow to come room temperature.
2. Pat steaks dry and season with coarse sea salt and black pepper or Omaha Steaks Signature Seasoning.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Clean and oil grill grates.
4. Place strip steak directly over heat source. Use our steak cooking chart or Omaha Steaks app with cooking timer for cook times. Allow 60% of the cooking time on the first side before flipping. Grill to 5° F below your target temperature.
5. Remove and rest steak under tented foil for 5-10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute for an incredibly juicy and tender New York Strip steak.
Shop Omaha Steaks New York Strip Steak and seasonings:
Download the Omaha Steaks app with easy-to-use steak and cooking timer:
Or, use the steak cooking chart:
Check out How to Grill a New York Strip Steak on our blog:
View our grilling series for more great grilling recipes and tips: